Principles of Internal Auditing (SA)
This one-day course is designed to provide attendees with a thorough understanding of the design, implementation and verification of a full internal audit program within the food facility.
Conducting internal audits with a food safety focus is required to determine whether your food safety management system is implemented effectively. The analysis of results is critical to ensure that the food safety plan continues to be effective. Challenges to achieving continual improvement in food safety programs can occur due to improperly conducted and documented internal audits. Gain the knowledge and skills to internally audit your food safety management system effectively to ensure food safety and compliance with regulatory and GFSI benchmarked food safety standard requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Determine the purpose and write the scope of an internal audit based on industry case studies
- Create an internal audit checklist for an assigned program
- Complete an internal audit non-conformance/corrective action report for an assigned industry scenario
- Write objective audit report statements
Learning Assessment: A 40-question multiple-choice exam follows the conclusion of the course. Upon successful completion of the course requirements (attendance and passing score of 75% or greater) participants will receive an NSF Certificate of Accomplishment.
Prerequisite(s): A strong food safety background is required.
At the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between inspection, audit and verification activities
- Discuss the role of internal auditing in maintaining and improving the food safety system
- Apply techniques in planning and conducting audits and writing internal audit reports
- Use objective evidence to assess conformance and impact of non-conformances on food safety
- Manage the corrective and preventive action process for continual improvement
NSF is committed to accommodating the learning requirements of all of our stakeholders. If you require special assistance for any reason, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org one week prior to your class. This also includes if you have any special dietary requirements.
Who should attend
- Facility Managers
- Food Safety Managers
- Food Industry Personnel looking to implement
- and/or improve their facility’s internal audit program
- Global Food Safety Managers and Personnel
- HACCP Managers and Personnel
- Internal Food Safety Auditors
- Maintenance Supervisors
- Operations, Maintenance and Sanitation Managers
- Production Managers and Supervisors
- QA/QC Managers and Personnel
- Quality Auditors
- Quality Systems Coordinators
- Supply Chain Managers